If you are tired of traditional hummus but still need something to dip those fresh veggies in try this recipe. It is easy to make, has great flavor and full of protein. Feel free to try different herbs or omit them for a more traditional hummus.
There are millions of smoothie recipes and everyone seems to have their "favorite" recipe so I thought I would share mine with you! This recipe serves as a good base for modifying depending on what type of smoothie you prefer and you can even reduce the liquid and it becomes an ice cream that I like to eat for dessert!
- 1 banana, cut into slices and frozen
- 1 cup ice
- 1/2 cup almond, soy milk or water
- 2 tbsp hemp seed protein powder or other plain plant based protein
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/4 cup raw rolled oats
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Place all of the ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth. You may need to add more liquid depending on how thick you prefer your smoothie. If you don't like bananas or peanut butter try either of the variations below or create your own by adding your favorite fruit and nuts or seeds such as flax, chia or hemp for added nutrients!
- Add 1 tbsp cacao powder before blending and increase maple syrup to 3 tsp
Green Berry Blast:
- Add 1/2 cup frozen raspberries and 1 cup fresh spinach or kale